Howard Avruhm Addison is Gershom Scholem Professor of Jewish Spirituality and Director of the D.Min.Program in Jewish Spirituality. He is an Assistant Professor for Instruction at Temple University where he teaches in the Intellectual Heritage Program. Ordained as a Rabbi by the Jewish Theological Seminary, he is certified as an Enneagram teacher by Helen Palmer, as a Fellow in Contemplative Group Leadership by the Shalem Institute, and as a Dream Group Leader by the Haden Institute. Rabbi Addison holds a B.A. degree from the University of Illinois, an M.A. in Philosophy from Hunter College/NYC, an M.A. in Hebrew Letters, and a Doctor of Divinity from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America in New York City, a D.Min. from the Chicago Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from the Graduate Theological Foundation. A founding teacher of Lev Shomea, the first institute for training spiritual directors in the Jewish tradition, his writings include The Enneagram and Kabbalah: Reading Your Soul and the anthology, Jewish Spiritual Direction.
- Jewish Spiritual Direction: An Innovative Guide from Traditional and Contemporary Sources
- The Enneagram and Kabbalah
- Show Me Your Way
- Cast In God’s Image
- Jewish (Rabbi/Conservative)
Areas of Service
- Director, Jewish Spirituality Program
- Online Courses
Online Course Offerings
- JES 500 Journeys in Jewish Spirituality *This course is appropriate as a point of departure for students in the D.Min. in Jewish Spirituality program.
- SPI 513 Spirituality and Dreams
If there is an Online Course that you would like to take which is not listed, please click here to fill out our Online Course suggestion form for our faculty members.