Omar Ahmed Shahin, Ph.D.
Omar Ahmed Shahin is a Fellow of the Graduate Theological Foundation, Director of Islamic Studies, and Ibn Taymiyya Professor of Islamic Law. He is also Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the North American Imams Federation. He holds the High Diploma from Jordan University and degrees in Islamic Studies from Islamic University in Almedina Almonwara, Saudi Arabia, and Sudan. He is licensed to practice jurisprudence law as an Islamic Attorney in the courts of Amman, Jordan. Imam Shahin holds both the Master of Theology and the Doctor of Philosophy from the GTF. Dr. Shahin also holds the Doctor of Laws degree honoris causa from the GTF.
- The Muslim Family in Western Society: A Study in Islamic Law (English)
- The Muslim Family in Western Society: A Study in Islamic Law (Arabic)
- Interfaith Issues around election of Pope Francis (Voice of America interview)
- CNN Interview: Flying While Muslim
- Dr. Shahin on the Deen Show